Friday, May 23, 2008

Shop Till You Drop (Part I)

Bapak and I had our first baby shopping on May 19, 2008 at the new mall in Kuantan, The East Coast Mall. It was an unplanned shopping actually, but we were so full with adrenaline to shop for your stuffs. Bapak was more excited than Mummy. He wanted to get you the best stroller in town. He was so urged to get you the BMW baby stroller that will cost him the same price to my Myvi. He also wanted to buy you the car seat, the baby cot and the baby book shelf. He just wanted to buy you the big big stuffs. The only small thing he can think of is to get you the baby mitten. Well, I was more real on the other part. My list was only to get you the cute cute little baby clothes.

So off we went to the mall. We went to the Clerk’s. The only words that came out from my mouth were, “OMG! What a beautiful shoe they have!!!”. I didn’t know which pair should I picked up, either blue or pink because we were still unsure with your gender. Seeing that small shoes made my world just got a half-inch smaller! I really wanted to get that pink pair, but Bapak asked me to tahan my nafsu and off we went to another shoes shop, the Nike Boutique. And I just adored one small walking shoe that it will be a must to buy that pair for you once you are out into this world. Seeing I went shopping rampage, Bapak asked me to be more real and we can only shop on one condition – we can only shop for the clothes with the color that fits both genders. I didn’t quite agree at first because my head was already full with pinky stuffs! But I did agree at last.

Finally we went to the Brands Outlet store. And we were like didn’t know where to start. We were like a pair in the Amazing Race Asia. Everything was so cute that we can’t bear ourselves from going crazy! We ran here and there and shouted like nobody was there. I shouted to Bapak, “Abang! Mai sini!!! Kat sini banyak baju best!!!”, and your Bapak will reply in high tone voice, “Obom mai sini!!! Kat sini lagi bestttt!!!”. And there went our shopping spree! I was very sure that you felt the little tsunami in you on that day. Lucky you Mummy didn’t wear the sneakers.

We only quit shopped once the salesgirls announced that the store will be closed in 5 minutes. Shoot! We were still in the mood of shopping, but maybe we keep that mood for Part II. So here are the photos of your first baby clothes! Hope you will like all of them, honey!




Bapak first choice

The close shot

Our choice

The close shot

Mummy's choice

The close shot

Bapak's choice

Baby bib: Mummy's choice (who can resist the pink bib?)

Baby mitten: Bapak's choice

1 comment:

nadia farhan said...

from the story of "shop till u drop part 2" is...the comfortability is important..and the branding too...oops!haha..