Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh My Drama Baby!

Yesterday Mummy and Anya brought you to Klinik Kesihatan Sungai Isap for your third month injection. Mummy drove back home from work like crazy because Mummy forgot that your appointment was at 11am. I am not so cakna like Bapak when it comes to appointments and meetings and anniversaries.

Kak Ida, the nurse, really knew how to entertain you. You laughed like a big girl when she played with you. I even failed to make you laugh like that. The funny thing was you pee-pee when she put you on the weighting tool. But the not funny thing was you only gained 200 grams from last month. Maybe you travelled a lot last month, from Bukit Tinggi to Kedah to Kelantan back to Kuantan. Mummy sure eats lots of oats and white carrot after this.

Now the injection moment. No one knows my exact feeling when I saw you been jabbed by the nurse. It was one of my scariest moments in my life. Last month you were held by Bapak, but this time around the nurse asked me to hold you, not Anya. Yes, Anya is far calmer than me. So I held you. I have to admit that I hate syringe and needle. Everyone does.

Including you! You screamed like a true screamer when the needle got into your hip flesh. Poor Iris. I didn’t dare to look at you so I passed you to Anya. You screamed for two seconds then you stopped and smiled. You really are a drama baby…

After a dramatic moment, we went back home and because of the drug you slept like a baby. And the second dramatic moment started back at 4pm when you got that pre-mild fever. The only thing you wanted was being cradled by Anya and me. You kept on crying and I have to start telling you the truth that the injection is for your good health. You listened for a while then you continued crying.

I gave you paracetamol syrup but it cured you only for few hours then the fever hit you back. Thanks to Bapak and Anya, they really helped us a lot.

Cik Iris, you really are a drama baby. Thanks to my gene.


My drama baby...

6 comments:

Suziey Ahmad said...

hi..u might not know who i am..but i am a silent reader..cewah;p
actually just want to ask u something..did u "TUAM' your baby after the injection? my experience, everytime lepas balik injection (rite after the injection make sure trus tuam or balik umah trus la..let them rest), i akn tuam my son..heating the iron, then amik hankecif or small towel tuam kat tempat injection tu..do it for 5-10 minits..so far alhamdulillah, my son never ever had a fever after the injection..seriously it works..never take the fever syrup provided..that will less ur baby's pain n less drugs feed into her body..;)
just my 2 cents:)

Shahida Shalahim said...

hi suziey!never tot i had silent reader, cewah bangganya!i never tuam my baby but my MIL suruh sapu minyak nona roguy..tp i never tuam..okay i'll do that for next injection.

Anonymous said...

she....minah suziey nih kawan i..ekeke...
aahlaa she, kena tuam. u bubuh air panas dlm plastik n tuam kat tmpt injek tu...okeh?do it nex time

MiJa said...

yeah, me did the same thg. tuam dgn tuala yg direndam dlm air panas. so far, it works!! ^^

vagg© said...

ku sedang mengGATHER all information utk masa depan haha. OK TUAM!

Shahida Shalahim said...

dear mommas-syu,mija,suzie-thx for the info.auntie vaggie,yeap..gather all the info.sng nanti.tkt nnt ada sorg lg drama baby.