Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bapak, Happy Father's Day!

I love you Bapak!

Hi Bapak! How are you? I hope you are fine. I only heard your voice over Mummy’s phone, but where are you? Have you been shrinking to a miniature you and hiding in Mummy’s phone? Come out now Bapak and play ‘Up Up and Away’ with me. Come out now because I want to wish you Happy First Father’s Day to you.

Bapak, it’s okay if you still want to hide. I just want to wish you a very very very Happy Father’s Day! It would be happier if we can celebrate it together. Don’t worry Bapak, Mummy’s still thinking of going back to Kelantan so together we can celebrate this happy day. Mummy always tells me that you are now a student and that you are always busy reading books and you have many many books to read. And I heard last few days when you called Mummy and you asked this thing that made Mummy cried “She, She dah bacakan buku untuk Iris?” Don’t worry Bapak, Mummy read books to me sometimes but we played a lot! Mummy bought me five cute balls for me to play and share with Anyon. Every night when I play with my toys, Mummy will come to me and show me miniature you in her hand phone. She told me that is the video of you. I always giggle when Mummy shows that video. No Bapak, come out now, don’t you feel dark in there?

Bapak, I want to thank you for many many things. I want to thank you for proudly holding me on my first day, for the unmistakable incarnation of you minus the moustache, for the second, third, fourth, fifth … bathes and you sang ‘Hujan hujan hujan’, for changed my dirty diapers, read me books, cooked me delicious porridge (better than Mummy, well it’s a known fact), bought me beautiful dresses and toys, danced with me, father me, love me, miss me… but most of all I thank you for this song that you love to sing specially for me,

“Umbuk-umbuk empin,
Empin dalam cupak,
Mana tikus bunting?
Lari masuk bawah ketiak Irissss!!!”

(-when you sang the last line, you will tickle my armpit and I chuckled like a baby! It was funny!). Bapak, I love you and I miss you. I hope you are very very very happy, because if you sad, I will be very very very sad. Bapak, don’t cry because I only want to wish you a very very very happy Father’s Day! I love you, Bapak!

Dengan penuh kasih-sayang, Iris.

No comments: