Friday, June 5, 2009

Of Being A Kodak Mother

Searching for ants

Back in my teenage years, I have always imagined I will be a very excellent Kodak mother capturing every moments of my baby’s milestones. I will capture every moment of your very first bath, first cry, first smile, first weep, first roll, first toy, first books, first diary, first everything. I have imagined that I will always not having enough of film rolls (mind you it’s 1995, I don’t even know the existence of digicam) capturing your every moments of growth. Even after married to your father, I had bought nice and beautiful baby scrapbooks (mind you it’s plural), pasar malam’s cheap Barbie and Disney’s stickers to paste on your photo albums and numbers of photo frames.

But my reality is much more unimaginable. I just don’t know that ten years later, I have so much great life, a charming husband to hug and kiss; a wonderful baby girl to treasure; stack of books to make love with; families so ‘gila-gila’; nicest mother-in-law and also in-laws; and a plump new me (oh God, I thought I will always wearing size S clothes, well, my thought is so wrong).

I am so sorry Iris that my 24 hours are not enough to capture every moments of your every first. But I still cross every important dates of your achievement. Hope you still love Mummy. Because I will always do. Let’s check out your important dates!

2009
January 1st: First laugh
February 13th: First roll
Middle February: Eat first solid food (Nestum Stage 1)
Early April: Low-crawled on your belly like a soldier
Early April: First interest as an animal lover, precisely ant lover. You will crawl to get the ants killed by your own fingers. Lover? Killer instead.
Early May: First peek-a-boo with Bapak. You’ll sneak a peek under your towel or blanket.
Middle May: First two grand teeth
Middle May: First anxiety especially over something with violent sound (blender, big lorry, when Tok Ba coughs), sound of rubbish plastic bag, and the feel of Anya’s fluffy pencil case
Early June: Gesture a goodbye sign

That’s all I can remember. I will attach some of your photos in next entry. Love you always.

No comments: