Friday, April 13, 2012

CelikMomz by Prof. Muhaya

I've attended a parenting course by Prof Dr Muhaya, an inspirator, and that's what she claimed herself is instead of a motivator. I've learnt a lot in this half day's course. The course was held at Surau An-Nur Country Heights, Kajang. Here are some good points from her:

  1. Talk with your child in an adult's mode, not as parent. Adults will assist the children as much as they can, while parents are tend to giving orders, nagging, scolding and feel they are always right.
  2. Attend good parenting courses, as well as reading on parenting materials. (I've always thought I was born with the ability to parent my children, I meant it ran in my blood, anyone can be a good mother. No, my thought is wrong, I have to read, I get to get knowledge, I need to attend seminars. Keyword: get the knowledge)
  3. Never use limiting words like No!, Don't!, Bukan!, Jangan! They will limit the creativity and independency of your children.
  4. Instead of scolding the children about their faults, tell them the solutions for their faults. For example, your children spilt the milk onto the floor, instead of scolding them, tell her "I don't think the floor like the milk, but the cup does." Or maybe "Princess Holly drinks her milk properly, do you want to be like her?" (Iris and Iesha are the hardfans of Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom). I admit I was (and still am) excessively using that limiting words. I need to stop it right NOW and think of the solutions of every mistakes my children make.
  5. You get what you gave. Give good, get good. You scream to your children, they'll definitely scream back to you. You good, they'll good. You bad, they'll bad. You choose.
  6. As a mother or father, you have no capability of changing their behaviors, actions or thoughts. You have to change. But you need to guide them. Guide them good.
  7. Doa, as parents, you have to pray a lot. A lot. I got to admit that I always rush in my prayers, I checked my nails between doa, I thought of Allah will listen and grant my wishes. I gave a thought about it and there are trillions of people around the universe whose praying hard and truthful, now I need to change the way I'm asking Allah. No more checking on nails. Be true, ask true.
  8. Feed them good food. Gosh, this is hard. I got to get cook book for toddlers. Brocoli where are you?
  9. You got to change your inner voice/ thoughts, then your outer world will definitely change. You think good, you'll definitely meet with good people, good books, good places, good moods, good, good, good.
  10. Breastfeed your baby up to 2 years. Please.
  11. Read good books to them.
  12. There are three abilities of a child; auditory, visual and language. Know your children. They may be dominant of either one or two, and when you knew your children ability, help them to develop it.
  13. Bend on your knees when talking to them.
  14. As a parent you might as well doing mistakes, don't quit. Keep trying and learning.
  15. And oh, don't get too busy with your title as a mother, you have a husband. Kiss him, hug him, feed him, love him, miss him, pray for him, love him, love him, love him. Ask money from him, now I quote myself.
  16. Read this book, and you'll safe, here and hereafter: The Quran.
I guess that are the few things I remembered from the course. I didn't manage to fully concentrate. Coz my husband was the babysitter for the day! Let's check out the photos he sent me throughout the course.

2 comments:

daughterette said...

thanx for sharing dear.dun hv the opportunity to attend such seminars here in jb :(.been tolerating the boys but sometimes they are just, well, BOYS.praying for more wonderful journey raising my latest addition, aishah hannah mirza.

Shahida Shalahim said...

Hi Im,
Wah a girl!!!Finally, yay! Alhamdulillah, nama pun cantik tu, so Im happy pantang n breastfeeding. I'm told by Firdaus u guys pindah mai KL, lets meet sometime, blh Iris, Iesha and Baby Iyra meet new friends, they'd be thrilled! I'm sure! Congrats Im.