Sunday, December 22, 2013

Read aloud: Curious George Series Books

The series starts with "This is George. He was a good little monkey and always very curious." It is mostly about the adventures to mostly places with his friend Man with Yellow Hat. The series is beautifully illustrated with vibrant colors and it is so easy to understand by the young ones. Iris and Iesha love this series so much they wanted me to re-read like five times a day. I have to admit that sometimes I get so annoyed (particularly when the kitchen sink full of dirty dishes) so I came out with a good escapism, and I needed their father to be my partner in crime. He pretended to be George and made a phone call and talked to my girls. This act could only be pretended while he wasn't at home or somewhere outside the house so that the girls will not find out the true George. I don't know either this is good parenting tricks or tips or not, as I just want to skip reading and focus on the kitchen sink. But one thing for sure, Iris and Iesha love their conversation with George and they can simply improve their English (well, hmm... George is calling from America). Iris told me in her joyous tone "Mummy, George wants to come to our house. But he only come if you buy banana. Jom pergi Giant, buy the banana, NOW!" That NOW wasn't a joyous thing for me, I blamed their father for that. But after all, they still counting hours for the next call from their beloved monkey friend, George. 

For curious little monkeys everywhere...

They have a book dedicated to George.

Now they keep asking me to draw George.

George and friend.

No comments: