Friday, January 24, 2014

Sasana Kijang: Part II

We then resumed to art exhibition, Tanpa Nama 2.  The exhibition is made up of some of the best work of arts from local artists and you can buy them with less than hundred ringgits.  The best thing is the artwork is kept anonymous and not labelled with the artist's name so it's good to avoid the tendency to choose the drawings from a well-known artist. So the interest could only go for the drawings/ paintings/ artworks; not the artist. 

I have always love drawings. I still remembered my father had sent me to one of Terengganu's famous artist to learn how to draw. And I was just 8 years old that time. (Shame on me I can't remember my teacher's name!) I still remember I learnt to draw sampan and the coast line and the shades of the mountains. He loves anything Terengganu-ish; from sampan to nelayan. I still remembered we had our drawing class in his studios full of paint brushes and paints and good heart. He seemed so old to me, I guess he was 50 at  that time. I was the only student and was 8 years old struggled with the perfect shades for the faraway mountains. Oh, memory.

Then I had my best memory with my father. He loves to draw too. He put an eggplant in front of me, and asked me to sketch at my best. We then perfected it with shades of purple and a little squish of black and brown. Then he brought another vegetable and we started all over again began with observation. And patience. Oh, memory. Treasured.

Here we were, at the art exhibition I once dreamed of. Some artworks are meant to shock, others to please, and some meant nothing to me. Some meant to stop and ponder; some to walk by without giving a second look. Here's the show.

Tinggalkan apa?

Iris saw aliens. Best thing in kid-straightforward thinking.

Iris shared her thought.

Iris read to Iesha.

What's this?

Iyra interpreted as 'Fish'.

I saw it 'Celaru'.

This meant 'Orang besi buruk' to them.

Mother 

Nothing less than hanging clothes.

Fast food baby

It was Mona Lisa to this little audience.

A good way to threat them "Haa, dah tak boleh makan KFC dah lepas ni."

I love darker paintings.

Flashback

LAPAR

Demi masa, kita tertipu. Dan menipu.

"Kak Iris, Iesha rasa kita tak boleh tengok TV banyak sangat dah lepas ni." Seriously, this what was Iesha said to Iris. Another great parenting painting.

Still amused.

Bapak wondered how the artist came up with that realism light setting.

And for me, this drawing is just wired into me. I've lost for words. I want this.

Three heads by Ahmad Zakii Anwar.  
(He is a well-known artist and he reminded me of my first art teacher, the one who loves to draw nelayan.)

No comments: