We have participated in a half day course on coloring with Raja Pensel Warna, Uncle Uneh. It was held in Dewan KIPSAS with more than 100 participants. We have no idea at first who was this Raja, until he started sketching and coloring.
I was accidentally came across the flyers of this short course and I thought this could be a good expose to the girls, since they like coloring and drawing. Iris even wanted to become a great artist when she grow up. So we decided to join and yes, it was a day well spent. Uncle Uneh also told us that a knowledge is required to excel in any thing-profession, hobby, etc.
Here are some great tips on coloring given by Uncle Uneh:
- Use any hard smooth surface to support the coloring/ drawing sheet. He advised us to use mounting board.
- Use the same brand of sharpener to sharpen the colored pencils.
- Only sharpen the colored pencils up to 90-180 degrees. Otherwise, it will shorten and ruin your colored pencils quickly.
- Keep back the colored pencils in place so that it is easier for the next use.
He also gave us some tips if we join any coloring contest:
- Color all the coloring sheet. Don't leave any uncolored space.
- Be creative enough and add something to the picture. If there are no clouds in the sky, add some. Add birds or hot air balloons or just a necklace around the neck. But he suggested that we draw something that related to the organizer of that coloring contest. For example, if the organizer is Astro Ceria, so draw a picture of hot air balloon/ flag with Astro Ceria logo on it. Include anything that relates to the sponsor. It surely makes your piece to top three.:)
- Keep the neatness in your piece.
Now go out there and go win yourself a coloring contest!
|Unik + Aneh|
|We wish you good luck for your own colored pencil brand, Uncle Uneh!|
|Patiently waiting for Uncle Uneh to start the show.|
|The kids showing their masterpieces.|
|How talented these kids are, with only a half-day course, they can easily master the coloring skill!|
|You must be so proud of yourself, right Iris?|
|Obviously I drew the tree for Iyra, and she colored it. She did the eyes and well, the shades was not bad for 3 years old girl!|
|Thank you Uncle Uneh! We are now Puteri Pensel Warna!|