Sunday, November 21, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
“Iris, jangan panjat kerusi tu, tinggi. Nanti Iris jatuh.”
She went up the chairs and fell down.
“Haa, kan tadi Mummy dah cakap jangan panjat. Panjat-lah lagi”
“Iris tak payah-lah minum susu Mummy. Nanti Iris muntah. Ada ulat. The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out.” (Strategi paling hina sebagai seorang ibu)
She had them both and sometimes vomits the milk out. (The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out: it worked!)
“Haa, kan tadi Mummy dah cakap jangan minum. Minum-lah lagi.”
Mummy, please stop being sarcastic. Tell me the right thing in a positive tone; do not tell me things that get me confused. One time you tell me not to do it, and then you tell me to do it. Which one should I do Mummy? Teach me the right thing Mummy, for you are my Mummy. I hate you when you talked sarcasm. Please be like Mummy Runaway Bunny, she never talked sarcasm. Please Mummy, teach me the right things.
O Allah, help me to be a better Mummy.
"If you find the right tone, humor can be an incredibly effective way to get kids and parents laughing through difficult situations. Keep in mind that young children are literal and may not always get a joke, but will love to laugh along with a parent. And school children hate sarcasm directed at them, but love being in on a witty joke."-Michael Thompson, Ph.D.Co-author, Raising Cain, Senior Project Advisor.
Monday, November 1, 2010
"If you become a bird and fly away from me," said his mother, "I will be a tree that you come home to."
Iris reading time comes real with bear and baby bunny plush toys.
- She can do simple jigsaw puzzles.
- She talks a lot. I really mean a lot. She stops when she sleeps.
- She imitated my small cousin, Yasmin. "Ni Min ni,"she said that while running around the house.
- She imitated Bapak. "Ni Bapak ni,"she said that and shut her eyes and said "Bapak letih." (How's that Abang?). I tried to be her and said "Ni Iris ni," and she said "Tak, tu Mummy." I thought she really knows playing imitation.
- She never imitate me, I guess she doesn't know what should she do, "Mummy is a multitasker" that's what I think she thinks.
- Our rule "Hate TV, love books and play."
- She's still breastfeeding. I asked her to say bye-bye to the the right and to the left, she said bye-bye and then have them both right away.
- She loves pretend play so very much. She invites all her soft animal toys to her Milo party. She pretended driving her car and said "Iris tinggal. Iris tak lama. Lima hari saja. One four three five!" And she hid behind the dinner table. And I cried like crazy "Irisssss, jangan tinggaallll Mummyyyy. Uwaaaa!!!!" And she continued "Baby on the bus says uwaaaa!!! Uwaaa!!"
- She still on diapers. Sometimes we do have free diapers day, but she did the pee on the carpet. I guess I gave her wrong instruction. "Kalau Iris nak kencing, Iris bagitahu Mummy lepas tu lari ke toilet okay?" She did pretty well, she peed on the carpet and tell me "Mummy, Iris dah kencing." Good job Mummy.
- Her favorite books: The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown and We're Going On A Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen.
- Her favorite food for now: Cheese frankfurter she called it "Sosej."
- She had her first Nestum on her 5 months and 10 days. How's that? Mummy tak sabar.
- She had that annoying pitch of voice which she makes every time I am not around her.
- She loves to touch my face when I look closer to her.
- She smiles a lot!
- She sings her own lullaby whenever she wants to sleep.
- She loves hearing Kakak Iris's voice.
- She hates when Kakak Iris hugs her too tight and she'll scream her highest pitch. Looks like I know who's the boss now.
- She drinks 15 oz of milk at sitter's house.
- I hate when I look at her poo knowing that wasn't only my milk but mixed Nestum.
- I thank Allah for the superpower He gives for every mother in this world.
- Anya is not a full-time Nanny anymore, she has her own job. Sometimes she has night shifts that totally left me nuts. I don't even realize that I am actually a breathing creature! After all the girls sleep and sound then I do my own and loooongg breathing.
- I poo and pee with Iesha on my lap when Iris slept when Anya worked, just didn't want to awake Iris up with Iesha's high pitch.
- I scold Iris and Iesha when I need four hands to handle things at the same time: Iesha screamed, Iris needed to change diaper, kettle whistled, "Sosej" burnt, solat time 15 minutes left, and I ended up screaming (I guess I can scream better if I did not rent a terrace house) and lied flat and wonder "Gila kah aku?". And right after that I felt so guilty and ended up saying sorry to both girls.
- Most of the times, at the end of the day, when lying on the bed, one hand caressing Iris's back while I breastfed Iesha (try imagine), I grin up to my ears, I wonder how can I make all this a reality and seeing the two girls, I smile back and hid that thought and say "Because of these girls."
- There were times when I really hate my Firdausku Sorang and of course the theme song for that particular time is "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor but I know hate wouldn't make anything fun, so I stop and keep it for another day.
- "I am fatigued,"I texted him one day. "Kesian She. You want a maid?". I said "No."
- I just finished reading "Room" by Emma Donoghue. That makes me want to be a better mother.
- I learnt a new word: Contrail.
- I cannot wait for the book sale: The Big Bad Wolf Booksale.