Wednesday, December 8, 2010
This is what happened when you tell a brutal truth. Sometimes honesty is not the best policy. Try lying.
I tell you, it was epic- the sale. We off to KL at 8 sharp in the morning with reheated pizza for breakfast and sausage for Iris and breast milk for Iesha and we grabbed the books at 10.30 AM. People brought the luggage size elephant and they went manic over cheap books. It wasn't easy with the two small girls, but I tell you the cheap books really drove me nuts.
We did two rounds for book hunting since one was not enough; we only stopped for lunch and we used the last ounce of our very energy to grab the books. Poor Iris and Iesha they had to bear with my craziness but don't worry guys, you'll be thanking me for books are the treasure for the years to come.
I know it is too late to share it now, but don't worry bookworms, do believe in constant prayer that the Big Bad Wolf will do the sale again twice next year. They have a bookstore, BookXcess located in Amcorp Mall. They have Facebook too - try search BookXcess. (I am abusively using my husband's FB just to make sure I do not miss a bargain.)
We managed to get 68 books for only RM600. And I am so convinced that they will cost me more than RM2 K at the other bookstores. So here is my favorite snap of 2010.
Note: http://www.facebook.com/BookXcess and http://www.bigbadwolfbooks.com/
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
“Iris, jangan panjat kerusi tu, tinggi. Nanti Iris jatuh.”
She went up the chairs and fell down.
“Haa, kan tadi Mummy dah cakap jangan panjat. Panjat-lah lagi”
“Iris tak payah-lah minum susu Mummy. Nanti Iris muntah. Ada ulat. The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out.” (Strategi paling hina sebagai seorang ibu)
She had them both and sometimes vomits the milk out. (The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out: it worked!)
“Haa, kan tadi Mummy dah cakap jangan minum. Minum-lah lagi.”
Mummy, please stop being sarcastic. Tell me the right thing in a positive tone; do not tell me things that get me confused. One time you tell me not to do it, and then you tell me to do it. Which one should I do Mummy? Teach me the right thing Mummy, for you are my Mummy. I hate you when you talked sarcasm. Please be like Mummy Runaway Bunny, she never talked sarcasm. Please Mummy, teach me the right things.
O Allah, help me to be a better Mummy.
"If you find the right tone, humor can be an incredibly effective way to get kids and parents laughing through difficult situations. Keep in mind that young children are literal and may not always get a joke, but will love to laugh along with a parent. And school children hate sarcasm directed at them, but love being in on a witty joke."-Michael Thompson, Ph.D.Co-author, Raising Cain, Senior Project Advisor.
Monday, November 1, 2010
"If you become a bird and fly away from me," said his mother, "I will be a tree that you come home to."
Iris reading time comes real with bear and baby bunny plush toys.
- She can do simple jigsaw puzzles.
- She talks a lot. I really mean a lot. She stops when she sleeps.
- She imitated my small cousin, Yasmin. "Ni Min ni,"she said that while running around the house.
- She imitated Bapak. "Ni Bapak ni,"she said that and shut her eyes and said "Bapak letih." (How's that Abang?). I tried to be her and said "Ni Iris ni," and she said "Tak, tu Mummy." I thought she really knows playing imitation.
- She never imitate me, I guess she doesn't know what should she do, "Mummy is a multitasker" that's what I think she thinks.
- Our rule "Hate TV, love books and play."
- She's still breastfeeding. I asked her to say bye-bye to the the right and to the left, she said bye-bye and then have them both right away.
- She loves pretend play so very much. She invites all her soft animal toys to her Milo party. She pretended driving her car and said "Iris tinggal. Iris tak lama. Lima hari saja. One four three five!" And she hid behind the dinner table. And I cried like crazy "Irisssss, jangan tinggaallll Mummyyyy. Uwaaaa!!!!" And she continued "Baby on the bus says uwaaaa!!! Uwaaa!!"
- She still on diapers. Sometimes we do have free diapers day, but she did the pee on the carpet. I guess I gave her wrong instruction. "Kalau Iris nak kencing, Iris bagitahu Mummy lepas tu lari ke toilet okay?" She did pretty well, she peed on the carpet and tell me "Mummy, Iris dah kencing." Good job Mummy.
- Her favorite books: The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown and We're Going On A Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen.
- Her favorite food for now: Cheese frankfurter she called it "Sosej."
- She had her first Nestum on her 5 months and 10 days. How's that? Mummy tak sabar.
- She had that annoying pitch of voice which she makes every time I am not around her.
- She loves to touch my face when I look closer to her.
- She smiles a lot!
- She sings her own lullaby whenever she wants to sleep.
- She loves hearing Kakak Iris's voice.
- She hates when Kakak Iris hugs her too tight and she'll scream her highest pitch. Looks like I know who's the boss now.
- She drinks 15 oz of milk at sitter's house.
- I hate when I look at her poo knowing that wasn't only my milk but mixed Nestum.
- I thank Allah for the superpower He gives for every mother in this world.
- Anya is not a full-time Nanny anymore, she has her own job. Sometimes she has night shifts that totally left me nuts. I don't even realize that I am actually a breathing creature! After all the girls sleep and sound then I do my own and loooongg breathing.
- I poo and pee with Iesha on my lap when Iris slept when Anya worked, just didn't want to awake Iris up with Iesha's high pitch.
- I scold Iris and Iesha when I need four hands to handle things at the same time: Iesha screamed, Iris needed to change diaper, kettle whistled, "Sosej" burnt, solat time 15 minutes left, and I ended up screaming (I guess I can scream better if I did not rent a terrace house) and lied flat and wonder "Gila kah aku?". And right after that I felt so guilty and ended up saying sorry to both girls.
- Most of the times, at the end of the day, when lying on the bed, one hand caressing Iris's back while I breastfed Iesha (try imagine), I grin up to my ears, I wonder how can I make all this a reality and seeing the two girls, I smile back and hid that thought and say "Because of these girls."
- There were times when I really hate my Firdausku Sorang and of course the theme song for that particular time is "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor but I know hate wouldn't make anything fun, so I stop and keep it for another day.
- "I am fatigued,"I texted him one day. "Kesian She. You want a maid?". I said "No."
- I just finished reading "Room" by Emma Donoghue. That makes me want to be a better mother.
- I learnt a new word: Contrail.
- I cannot wait for the book sale: The Big Bad Wolf Booksale.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
Happy birthday dear Iris. You know how much I love you. You are two years old, but you will always be my Baby. Guess I cannot help calling you "By, oo By!!"
No celebration on 31st of August 2010, we were holding it to the 3rd day Raya; celebrate it with Yaya and Kakak Farhah’s birthdays as well. Yet, I felt so guilty when you asked me “Mummy, mana kendi (candle)?” And every time the national TV channel aired that “Jalur Gemilang” song, you would say “Lagu Iyish”.
I wish you happy birthday. You can walk and talk that now you are 2! You talk a lot By, you only stop when you sleep. You are so very special to me, in every way. I love you when you cry, scream, mess up the house, pinch me, hysteric over my milk, over Oreo; but I love love love you more when you are a good girl.
I wish you to stop breastfeeding, on your birthday dear? I always feel like I have those claws and paws when I breastfed both you and Iesha. Are you going to stop at 3? Okay, it’s your birthday, a belated birthday post from Mummy with post-pregnancy fat; so you can wish what ever you want.
Here’s a wish from Mummy, “Happy Birthday Iris. May Allah bless you and our family. Have a nice day and I love love love love love you!”
Iris Adeena, I love you every day. Happy birthday!
Or is it a mid-life crisis? How on earth you know you have another 30 years to live? I don’t know what the hell is happening inside of me. I told Anya I want to be invisible; only visible to her and Iris and Iesha. This is what I told her.
Me: Ney, aku raso aku nak jadi invisible-lah. I’m sick of being manusia kelas pertengahan. Ney, why suddenly aku lost interest in fashion, in making friends, beli beg and baju comey-comey? Why Ney why?
Anya: Mu nak jadi invisible Kakak?
Anya: Aku raso bagus jugok mu jadi invisible, sebab aku tengok mu supo mokcik doh loni. Buruk.
Me: Thanks Ney. Aku suko komen mu.
Perhaps it is motherhood itself. Sometimes I feel it is a very lonely journey. So I guess I have nothing to say in my blog. Most of the times I have lot to say, but I have so few minutes to write; and that’s that, I kept struggling with the time lately. To Iris and Iesha, forgive me; I love you both every day, and every other day.
But a thought had changed my mind today. Yes, a thought. A positive thought. So here I am again, unblocking my blog.
So people, hi! How’s your day? How’s your blog?