Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

It is good to share a good thing. A good thing to share with avid readers. A great booksale by Big Bad Wolf held once a year at South City Plaza near UPM and the average price for the book is roughly RM8, yes RM8 and the most expensive is RM20 which is definitely worth a bargain.

I tell you, it was epic- the sale. We off to KL at 8 sharp in the morning with reheated pizza for breakfast and sausage for Iris and breast milk for Iesha and we grabbed the books at 10.30 AM. People brought the luggage size elephant and they went manic over cheap books. It wasn't easy with the two small girls, but I tell you the cheap books really drove me nuts.

We did two rounds for book hunting since one was not enough; we only stopped for lunch and we used the last ounce of our very energy to grab the books. Poor Iris and Iesha they had to bear with my craziness but don't worry guys, you'll be thanking me for books are the treasure for the years to come.

I know it is too late to share it now, but don't worry bookworms, do believe in constant prayer that the Big Bad Wolf will do the sale again twice next year. They have a bookstore, BookXcess located in Amcorp Mall. They have Facebook too - try search BookXcess. (I am abusively using my husband's FB just to make sure I do not miss a bargain.)

We managed to get 68 books for only RM600. And I am so convinced that they will cost me more than RM2 K at the other bookstores. So here is my favorite snap of 2010.


The girls', mine and Bapak's.

Note: http://www.facebook.com/BookXcess and http://www.bigbadwolfbooks.com/

6 comments:

atia said...

haha. tahniah kakak!

Shahida Shalahim said...

atia-haha,tp still tk puas hati,ada org beli sampai RM20 ribu for 4000 books, gila ke hape mamat tu.guess dia nk bukak kedai buku kot.

dayangbest said...

benciiiii!!!

Shahida Shalahim said...

dayang-sila benci..hehe!

Small Kucing said...

Good buys. I went there 3 rounds...for preview, 1st day and the last day fire sale. hahaha. I really went crazy

I think BBW wont make it a half yearly event as it would affect the sales at their outlet. As it is the prices of books at the outlet is already cheap

Shahida Shalahim said...

small kucing-yes, very fortunate of you to join the preview sale, so green with envy.i hope i'll win next time hehe!