Sunday, May 19, 2013

Iris's First Sporting Event

Iris had her first sport's day on 20th of April 2013 in Taman Tun with all of her school friends.  This was definitely one of the first events of my girls that I waited for.  But guess what? I can't be with her to be her pom-pom girl due to the weekend class that I need to attend. And so I have made a long arrangement with Nek Ma and we flied her from Kelantan just to replace me. I hoped she still got that support she needed from Bapak and the other two little monsters.  

I couldn't stay calm in my class when my lecturer gave that boring lecture.  I texted Bapak once in every two minutes to whatsapp me Iris's photos.  I was so shocked when I saw Iris in her slippers instead of sport shoes.  How could she run with that slippers?  I meant like seriously?  I was even shocked when I saw Iyra in her pyjamas? A total ruin.  I am definitely an everything, from a fashion police to a teacher (and yes a screaming mother).  

Then I saw her leading with that spoon and ping pong ball.  I was amazed.  In spite of the fashion disaster, she did really well.  She led her team!  I know Bapak had done his part really well, too.  He was there to support while I can't.  Later after the class Iris told me her excitement in her first sport's day.  She got a cute tiny bolster for the games she won. (Later I realized that every kid got that same bolster).  

Iris, I may have missed your first sporting event, but I was so very sure that you have enjoyed every second of it!

Iris with her friend, Batrisya.

She was leading!

My girl, my girl!

If I were there.

The supporters.

No comments: