We're still learning on animal's life cycles. Last Sunday we learnt about our green hopper friend, Mr Froggy. We learnt that mother frog lays thousands of eggs in a pond. It will then turn into a tadpole, which Iyra would love to keep in her small insect house. She said "It's too cute! I cannot tahan!" We also learnt that the tadpole will then change to a froglet and finally to a charming prince after a good greeny kiss.
You may need these materials to make this frog life cycle:
- Paper plate
- Green cardstock (Manila card)
- Felt paper for the lilypad
- Bubble wrap for the eggs
- Pipe cleaner for the frog's tongue
- Ladybug craft peg
- Googly eyes
- Frogs are amphibians.
- Frog drinks the water through the skin.
- A group of frog is called an 'army'.
- There are over 4,700 species of frogs. (Source)
- The study of amphibians and reptiles is called Herpetology, and those who study them are called Herpetologists.
- Croaking is used by male frogs as a way to attract females.
- A frog won't turn into a prince, no matter how many times you kiss him! (:P)
Videos on frogs:
There are a lots of free worksheets on frogs you can retrieve from the internet. I think it's a good practice to have them do the worksheets to get to know their understanding after all the lessons.
Till then, croak croak!
|Worksheet for Iyra|
|Worksheet for Iris|
|Worksheet for Iesha|