Tuesday, September 1, 2009

From Day One to Year One

I am one year old. Call me a senior.


Watching you grow is the most amazing and exciting experience of my motherhood. I still remembered the first hour we were together, your tiny little eyes watching me while I nursed you. I still felt the surprise when Bapak said “She, baby girl-lah!” I still watched your development videos, how hard for you to lift up your head when you are three months, how funny when you smiled back when we smiled at you when you were two months, how silly I was to make you laugh when you first laughed, how you loved to bathe since day one, but now my little miss, you are One. Oh how the time flies! Time, please don’t fly, please just walk.


Now you are one. Whatever your age is, you are always my baby. So Iris, here are the milestones for your Year One.

You have 6 teeth-3 up front, 3 bottom front.

Shake your head when people say “No, no, no!”

Dance to music.

You love books! You can spend ‘reading’ books for hours!

You love to open and shut doors and drawers.

Feed self in a very messy way! I have to clean up the floor every day.

Climb stairs a lot! You can climb 15 steps in 3 minutes; I guess Hussain Bolt will lose over you!

You love shower time. You’ll throw a tantrum once I get you out from the bathtub.

You get really mad when other people hug Mummy, even Bapak! I quote Bapak “Iris nak bolot Mummy sorang je.”

You will cry your heart out when anybody hurt Mummy.

You’ll stop playing or reading if you see someone else hurt me and you’ll crawl to save me. I love this so very much! He he.

You sit a lot.

You stand a lot.

You can clap your hands.

You point to the right person when people ask you “Mana Bapak?”

You’ll point to your photo when someone asks you “Mana Iris?”

You can’t point when people ask you “Mana Mummy?” but you crawl to the right body part when Mummy asks you “Susu! Susu!”

If you want something especially food, you will say “Bak! Bak!”

You look up when I say “Where’s the lizard?”

You are an animal lover; you love cats, lizards, birds and fish.

You don’t like formula milk; but you drink oat and Ribena.

You scream if people just grab things in your hand, but you will give it nicely if they say “Saya nak.”

You share your toys, but not your Mummy.

That's all I can remember. I can’t wait to see what you can do in the next few months. Er, perhaps you’ll play with little brother.

4 comments:

bapak iris adeena said...

After bak.. bak.. you definitely will say bapak.. bapak.. Oh mummy is so right.. how time flies so fast.. Eh mummy, iris's little brother is on the way.. Teamwork yeah mummy!! InsyaAllah ada rezeki nanti next year..

Shahida Shalahim said...

obom,tak aci betol kan,iris dpt sebut bapak dulu dari mummy.i guess kerja sepasukan harus ditingkatkan lagi!hahahaha!

nodoya shalala said...

ada lg! ada lagi!
iris suke buat ooooo ngan mulot dia.
pastu tarik pnjg2.
hahahah.ini kelaka sbb dia de hidung..(oopps...shh..nnt ade org mrh...)
pastu iris da mkn nasi yg xyah blend, err..i mean bubor..

dayangbest said...

rockstar sangaatt iris!

i like hokaay!