Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cookies are made of butter and love.-Norwegian Proverb-

The ingredients. The incredible hulk amused himself being a couch potato.

Ready to go!

Ready to throw?

Ready to eat!

Now I know the feeling of posting an entry on cooking. I have to admit this was my first try baking a cookie. A chocolate chips cookie. I just don't have flair or any talent in cooking be it simple as nasi goreng to complex as gulai ayam. Perhaps I just don't like cooking. I hate the idea of how much sugar to put in, how much salt to shower the dish, I simply don't like that kind of Maths. I have to admit I only cooked twice for my incredible hulk. Sometimes I love the concept of long-distance marriage, so that I don't have to cook. At least for him.

But when it is a call, it IS a call. Making chocolate chips cookies is always one of my wild dreams. Minus the discouraging words by the incredible hulk "Fuyoo!! She nak buat cookie oooo!! Fuyoo!!! Macam tak caya je!!! Fuyoo ada tepung wooo!!! Ada telur wooo!!!" and the uneasy smirk on his face, I carried on with my dream, with the big help from Anya.

And tadaa!!! For the very first time in my very life in my very blog, I posted the very first snapshots on my very first cooking talent. Yay! I finally achieved my dream, with two jars of chocolate chips cookies! And I managed to jaw-dropped that incredible hulk with my hidden talent.

But upon all, I really felt appreciated when Iris says this first in the morning, "Mummy, Iris nak cookie!!" Now, I started to love my talent.

P/S: Still the cooking is not easy, I tell you. I guess it is much harder than graduating from the graduate school.

7 comments:

Cik Belle said...

well done! and it do looks yummy, kakak! hehe.

Shahida Shalahim said...

Atia-so sweet of u,hey u kan terer bab2 soping warehouse sales ni kan..ada tau psl sales children books tak dear?

MiJa said...

peh.. *drooling*
she,lesung batu tu utk ape?

Shahida Shalahim said...

mija-hahaha,lesung itu utk digunakan tumbuk hazel nut.muahahha..sgt amatur oke.dgn measuring cup yg sungguh efisen.hahahha.malu weh.dohla cookie lembut spt bkn cookie tp kuih bahulu.patutle iris suka.heheh..kecik2 sudah salah konsep psl cookie.

Cik Belle said...

owh banyakkk!! mph and popular selalu buat clearance sales. u mean tuh ke? =| later will let u know ok.

dayangbest said...

hahaha perlu ke ko guna sampai 4-5 bijik gelas tuhhhh???

hahaha

Shahida Shalahim said...

dayang-aku teringin pi rumah kau di wisteria lane sambil bawak bakul cookie aku oke..membalas balik muffin mu yg sgt scumptious n gojes itu.sungguh aku teringin...gelas oke..sila kagum.