Friday, January 20, 2012

All children are artists - Pablo Picasso

My children talents deserve a post here. These are the few drawings by Iris. I am unsure where did she learn to draw these fine arts. I normally sitting down with her and Iesha for couple of minutes to draw, and I never draw human figurines as I thought she won't be able to draw such a complex drawing, I meant for her age. So, most of the times I just scribble and draw simple things like flowers, clouds or sun. But here are what she drew:

Mummy by Iris Adeena

That is me! Can you see the small details of my fingers and that stiff and straight hair? But I didn't get the message of the dots on my face, for I do not have zits that much. Perhaps Constantin Brancusi is true "Don't look for obscure formulas or mystery in my work. It is pure joy that I offer you."

Dinosaur by Iris Adeena

Of course these drawings deserve to be sticked on the fridge. I need to be more observant, so I can help my children to expand her abilities. I need and have to spend more time with them because I believe these early years of the children (1-6 yo) are the most crucial time for them to grow and learn. These are the great time to encourage questions, to explore their talents and ideas and to teach them faith and almost everything.

Mummy-turned-sun by Iris Adeena

Bapak by Iris Adeena

And here are scribbles by Iesha. Her arts are more mysterious, so let them be. Quoted Francis Bacon "The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery."

Mystery by Iesha Aafreen

Mystery 2 by Iesha Aafreen

No comments: