Friday, January 27, 2012

Ditch the nappy!

Let us call an end for a nappy changing! Yes, Iris consistently dry all day and night! Surely it is a great achievement for her. She keeps telling everyone she does not wear diapers anymore. And I keep repeating the good news and praising her in front of people that concerned and I let Iris heard the conversation so that she will feel special. I have mentioned her achievement while talking to my husband over the phone and made an excited tone "Bapak!!! Iris dah tak payah pakai pampers tidur malam-malam!! Iris is a big girl dah!" She grinned and repeated the same tone when she told the story to the people around her.

I was skeptical at first when she told me she did not want to use diaper anymore. Yes, she does not use diaper during daytime for almost 6 months, but nighttime is quite challenging for me and her. I have to wake her up when she has the urge to. So I guess I need to wait for several months to make her bladder fully mastered this process. But she had convinced me "Mummy, Iris dah tak payah pampers. Iris kencing dalam toilet." And I let her, and she proved me wrong. After a week training, I think I can call an end to this nappy thing. But of course I need to prepare myself for any accidents that might occur. I need to keep in mind that this is a grown-up skill so mastering this process surely take time.

Iris, you are 3 years and 5 months and officially potty trained. Iris, you must feel proud of yourself!

No comments: