Thursday, January 2, 2014

Lego Lovers

We love the interlocking bumps and holes, and we call it Lego! (Pardon the introduction). We are in serious love with Lego (that means a serious damage to wallet too). And that's the reason why we patiently wait for Lego wholesale and Toysrus redeem points for the buyout. Below are the reasons why we love Lego:
  1. Create bilateral coordination - the ability to use both sides of the body at the same time in a controlled and organized manner.
  2. Create creativity - especially with Lego Creative Bucket Set. I presume that it is great if we could throw out the instruction booklet and let the children create their own model. 
  3. Linguistic benefit - they develop their language skill while having fun. I can let my girls play with Lego for hours and they pretended to be Olivia, Isabella or Mia or even the cat and try to talk in either English or Bahasa Melayu. 
  4. Self-worth and achievement - they feel good once they succeeded to build the model according to the instruction booklet. 
  5. Spatial awareness - they need to consider the 3-D objects. 
  6. Color, size and shape recognition.
  7. Brings the family together - seriously who doesn't love Lego?
The only problem I have with Lego is how to sort and organize it. With ever increasing and overflowing bins, I suspect that this can be my future headache. I wish I had a room dedicate to Lego sooner. And for the instruction booklets, I laminated to avoid them being torn.  

For now, Leg Godt or Play Well!


Lego time

Bring out your builder instinct!

Iris created parking lot.

Iesha can follow the manuals and build small house and car.

Building

We are Friends!

I used plastic containers to store different sets of Lego.

Duplo for Iyra

The zookeeper

Bricks everywhere!

Creativity!

I laminated the manuals.

2 comments:

daughterette said...

i use plastic tupperware yg selalu orang packing makanan tu..

Shahida Shalahim said...

@im: I'm using Daiso plastic container, but I need larger box for Duplo. Thanks Im for the suggestion.