Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'd Trade My Husband with a Maid

I guess this is the major reason why I didn’t blog for months. Not only in blogging, I’ve lost interest in so many favorites things; cleaning, reading, blog-hopping, music, and gossips. Gossip? And I guess that’s big.

Yes, the title itself is self-explained. I’ve been acting weird all this few months prior to this long-distance relationship. I kept thinking of how unfair my life is, while I’m the only who wake up every night to satisfy my daughter’s hunger pain, and yet my husband is on his very success way to achieve his only dream-to become a plastic surgeon. I’m the only one who is always in constant worry of raising my daughter, and yet I kept on thinking of how easy my husband’s life is.

It was a total mess up last few months. My mood changed so easily. I lived in two different personalities; I can be good and bad at few nanoseconds. I wish it wasn’t depression, not a clinical one.

This is me when I was a good wife – I pray for him, pray for his success, I even bought a study desk and bookshelves for his convenience. I decorated the room with Iris’s photos and our photos; I brought all the stationeries so that he won’t attend the class without eraser (what does the eraser do with the corpse?), I sent him card every week, I seriously wanted him to success and I was so proud every time he called me after the surgery telling that he just performed the operative procedure, making everybody looks acceptable and gorgeous. I told him to carry on the study when he had his downs, told him that I can look after our babies, that he doesn’t have to worry, let me handle the babies, that this four years of being apart is nothing, that his success is a must. Oh, how good I was; a classic example of a very good wife.

And this is me when I was not so good wife – I wish I had a gun.

And what now? I’m healthy now, even healthier. I get back to normal life, I read and gossip. How did I do that? Oh, it is not easy I tell you. I have an MOU with him, that he has to pass his study, that he has to skill the surgical operation, because I have a very big mission, that he has to do the reconstructive procedure on me, change my vital stats to J Lo’s, that sexy lips of Jolie, and prior to that, I really hope he would success no matter how long it would take and how far we would stay.

Ha-ha got you! You thought I am that demon, trying to change my beautiful me? I think I can get over the mess up because I realized how short my life is, how wasting my time is just to stare at the wall and meratapi nasib of this long-distance relationship. And the ultimate reason is because I love Mr Muhammad Firdaus Abas so dearly I cannot put into words.

But still, I’d love to trade my husband with a maid. Arghhh, help me with the chores!!!!

4 comments:

AuAu said...

Shida,
Feel sorry when i read this post cause it was happening to me last time (oh, even now, i'm still carrying this long-distance relationship!!). It was the same experience i had masa i pregnant for d 2nd time. This time, I started to think negatives.. penat.. having to raise the girls by myself.. need to balance between work and family.. terkejar2 bangun pagi, siapkan kids, kekadang dah pakai baju keja cantik2, anak berak..huwaa.. kena basuh lak, so, x der makna cantik tadi.. pastu balik keja x sempat nk rest, kena jaga anak2 lagi.. this time mmg susah nk terima kenyataan yg i kena wat tu semua sendiri without my husband's help.. Dia kt saana fokus keja jer.. so unfair kan?? hehehe..
Tp kita pun tak tau apa perasaan husband kat sana kan..

But, da lama2 cam ni kan, i dun feel d burden sangat dah.. malah rasa seronok lak every friday tunggu husband balik rumah..excited tgk kids excited.. so, sabar yer dik.. InsyaAllah, u and hubby and anak2 ada peluang stay sesama nanti.. Eh, boleh dapat discount tak if i nk shape my body cam J-Lo jugak? jeles la shida sesrg jer cun.. hehehe

nodoya shalala said...

oh mummy..edisi meratapi naseb ni sggh xadil. sy juga spt maid. sy harus balance kn masa practical time sy dan menjadi bibik kpd iris. pulang masak sup ayam kegemaran kakak, mop lantai tanpa alih tikar, basuh berak iris..

sob..sob..

Mummy Hanny said...

Well, the last sentence of the second last para explains it all. It's the power of love bebeh!

p/s: I can handle the kiddo, but not the chores too. Been living in the sarang tikus look-a-like for this couple of years... :))

Shahida Shalahim said...

kak niera-tu la,i guess percentage rindu tu maybe around 40%,yg selebihnya tu i just want him to be around me to help me with the chores.sblm ni hubby yg sidai baju, masak, buang sampah, shopping, tu yg skrg terasa sgt tu.haha!guess i better look for a maid now.

anya-yes, i know uve been helping me a lot!i love love love ur ikan singgang.gila yummy!

mummyhanny-rumah i pun tongkang pecah jugek!