Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Visit to The Library

We always look forward for the weekends. Last weekend we had a visit to Perbadanan Perpustakaan Awam Selangor. For the love of books, I need the girls to touch the books, to feel them, to fall in love with them, to miss them, to dedicate all their five senses to the books. I have always dream to have a mansion full of books, and this Perbadanan Perpustakaan Awam Selangor has made my dream comes true. Oh, how I wish this library is mine, totally mine. With three kids under 10 years of age, we were only allowed to be in kids' library. Yes, I'm aware taking the toddlers to the public library would poses some problems. They have short attention span and I'm aware that they have problem sitting still and keep quiet. So the father and the mother have to alternate to get to the adults' sections. But honestly, I didn't manage to do that, browsing the kids' books already made me totally insane.


Iris and Iesha at the kids' library entrance.


My mansion.


The big tree surely made Iris and Iesha and Mummy went crazy! Oh my tree.

Iris picked her first book.

Iesha and her Mr Octopus.

See how she melted over the book.

Let them look at the illustrations and so. And when they ask us to read, read.

How I wish I read my textbooks like Iesha.

Iris took this picture from her book. I guess they started to lose their attention to books.



I told you.


But who doesn't love this big tree?


Books, girls?

Iesha always impress with dogs. This book is giving her good point that we shall say Auzubillah when we see things we scared.

Can you spot Iesha?


Iris reading.


Iesha is always full of energy. Thank God she doesn't know how to climb a tree yet.

The girls were singing, acting, running and dancing on the stage for story-telling session. They dragged quite a few audiences.

We had unhealthy tea time.

Iris with the cupcake.

Iesha with her favorite.

We went home after the tea time because the nap time was about to due. So to avoid tantrums and such, we said goodbye to new favorite mansion. See you next time, dear!

Bye-bye!

And we managed to get the library cards for the girls! I know you both not ready for the responsibility of the cards, but who would say no to the library cards? We'll visit you again for sure! But we need to think of possible strategy for the next visit since we are not allowed to the adults' section with underage kids, so I guess I have to browse for online catalog so that I just have to get the call numbers of the books and pick up the book and that's it. I'm going to make this a monthly event. This is something my girls would remember when they grow up and spending just a few hours here can have incredible impact on establishing good reading habits for a lifetime!

2 comments:

yonnie said...

libary kat shah alam kakak gi dop lagi?...tu pom baru lagi tu....dlm tue sume paka imac...

-yon-

Shahida Shalahim said...

Yon, kt shah alam lh tu,mmg semua Guna Mac,teruja sgt.suruh baba beli so,sesuai lh u byk graphic.