Sunday, July 6, 2014

Read aloud: My Tawheed Book

I have listed few books to read during this holy month of Ramadhan with my girls. I read this book to them on the second day of Ramadhan. This book lays simple basic understanding of Tawheed. Tawheed is the importance of the correct belief with certainty in the Oneness of Allah. It is important to teach our children with the correct belief so that all of our actions will benefit us here in this life and in the hereafter. I didn't discuss everything of the book content, as I believe it is quite complicated for Iesha and Iyra to comprehend (or perhaps I didn't know how to simplify it). But trust me, the whole discussion about Allah with small kids is such joyful and lively moment. You will be surprise with the questions they might asked you. And of course you need to be ready with the answers, but if you don't, just admit and try searching the answers together. 

We purchased the book here.

For this verse, I explained that no matter how far we are, Allah can still hear and see us, and that distance doesn't affect it. He can hear what we said in our heads/hearts. He knows whether we have bad/ good thoughts. Iesha then whispered something and asked me whether Allah heard it. I said of course He did. Allah also heard the sound of the wind, the sound of the Pluto (this is Iris recent favourite YouTube video: listening to the sounds of the planets) and the sound of the worm crawling deep inside the soil.  They were so amazed with Allah's abilities, and so did I.


I read this verse and asked them the same question, "Who makes the heaven and the Earth?". And they replied in union, "Allah!". Then we discussed what are things Allah made, and what are the things human made. Iesha said firmly, "Manusia buat kereta, tapi Allah yang bagi idea." But with Iris, I need extra effort to answer. "Mummy, Allah kan pemberi rezeki. Dia buat fruits and vegetables. So manusia juga pemberi rezeki sebab manusia bake cakes, cookies. Mummy masak nasi. So manusia pemberi rezeki juga-lah?" 


We discussed about heaven for this verse. I simply explained that whoever did good deeds will enters heaven, but whom who didn't will enter a very hot hell. But how much wrongdoings we did, if we ask for Allah's forgiveness, He will forgive us. Oh Allah, You are so kind to us. Thank you Allah!


No comments: