Friday, July 10, 2009

Call me a good mother. Thank you.

Weekdays

5:00am – Wake up and sahur.

5:30am – Cook alphabet pasta and porridge for Iris.

6:00am – Express my breastmilk.

6:30am – Breastfeed Iris.

8:00am – Wash up and ready to office. (Weh, jam 6 hingga 8 pagi you buat apa? –breastfeed Iris sambil pejam mata)

8:30am – Pack Iris with pasta + porridge + 3 bottles of my milk.

9:00am – Send Iris to sitter. She started to cry when I handed her to her sitter. This started a week ago. So I have to spend a while with her while distract her attention to bird watching, ‘See Iris, bird bird, cip, cip, cip’ (that’s how bird sounds). Then her sitter will take her and bring her in her house and I can hear Iris screaming and that would make my heart melts. Hancur luluh hatiku seperti ingin berhenti kerja dan goyang kaki dan memiliki rumah secantik rumah Manjalara.

3:00pm – Express my milk.

5:00pm – Express my milk.

5:30pm – Kidnap Iris from the sitter. Yay! We are happy snails then.

7:00pm – Feed Iris and distract her with my laptop, I nak enjoy buka puasa okay.

7:30pm – Read Quran together with Iris on my lap. But this won’t take long as she would tear up the pages. Forgive me Allah.

8-10pm – Play, play and play with Iris.

10:15pm – Change her diapers and brush her teeth and hug hug kiss kiss each other, and sleep.

12:00am – Breastfeeding.

2:00am – Breastfeeding.

4:00am – Breastfeeding.

4:30am – Dreaming. It’s either berlari-lari anak menuruni bukit bergolek-golek dengan Firdausku sorang or RIP MJ. (Weh serious, last two nights I dreamt of MJ jadi teacher I pakai jeket manik merah dia sambil cakap kat I ‘ Awak tak boleh makan dalam kelas selagi belum waktu rehat’. MJ cakap Melayu, woh! I miss you MJ).

Weekends

10:00am – Wake up together with Iris. (Weh, Subuh? Subuh?)

10-12pm – Lying in front of the telly and play with Iris. When she gets hungry, I use my trick. ‘Cepat Iris, dapatkan segera sementara stok masih ada!’ And she would crawl like a soldier to my breats. Cool, my trick works.

12:30pm – Wash up Iris.

3:00pm – Off to any malls. Jalan-jalan cari makan.

6:00pm – Back home and wash up Iris.

8:00pm – Cook. No, just add warm water with Nestum. Feed Iris.

8-10:00pm – Play, play and play!

10:15pm – Change her diapers and brush her teeth and hug hug kiss kiss each other, and sleep.

12:00am – Breastfeeding.

2:00am – Breastfeeding.

4:00am – Breastfeeding.

Call me a good mother. Thank you. I do take pride.

2 comments:

sHariNg From My SiDe~ said...

wahh..iris da mkn pasta.
gud job kakak..
she learn a lot wif it.!
ur tha good mother as being apart.

Shahida Shalahim said...

shekey'sluvkay, haha!yes, dia dh mkn pasta huruf n numbers skrg.yes, berjauhan dgn bapak membuatkanku menjadi seorang ibu yg tabah dan kerap menangis semasa tidur terkenangkan bapaknya.shekey,jom donk, lepak di kuantan!