Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year

There are things I'd like to do more in 2011. More. And alone. I'd wish for a time when I could finish a sentence, have a complete thought, eat one entire meal without interruption, scrub my entire body without the girls knocking on the bathroom door, listen to my favorite song without a small little fingers switch off the satellite radio, finish the book in one sitting, and more.

More. And free. Free from tagging of that little girls of mine. Free of that thinking. Thinking of seeing the bottom of my laundry basket, of empty dish sink, of clothes needed folding, of that status of domestic goddess. And yes, it does not stop there. The thinking. It continuous when I have another baby to look at, at my parents's house. Yes, my you-know-who. When I need to think of reuniting his every sock with its mate, ironing all those so-called wrinkle free shirts, of...everything.

Yes, I am so ached for moments alone. But what am I whining for? My name is Mummy.

"So play your role, Mummy."

Happy 2011 everyone.

No comments: