Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Walk to Remember

I received a text message from Firdaus "She nak join 5km walkathon tak?" A question which he already answered without having my consent. How fair was that? I was not a fan of 'Merentas Desa' back in my school years. I was unsure on my physical ability when he re-assured me I can do just great. He registered us for a walkathon organized by Diebates Malaysia for World Diabetes Day 2013. So on 10th November's morning we left the girls at the nursery and we readied with our blue t-shirt attached with the bib. The event scheduled at 7.50 am at Dataran Merdeka however, we reached the LRT at 7.40 am. God, we surely be the phantom walkers, but thank goodness we've made it to the starting line.  I kept forcing Firdaus to check the GPS to see how far the finish line within walking distance. 5 km walking was something tough for my legs, but thanks to my lungs and heart I succeeded to the finish line. It was a great experience though, minus the muscle strain I suffered the next day. Till then, enjoy our experience!

We were late.

"What lies ahead?"

At starting line

In 3, 2, 1...

Walk in rain (not romantic at all with the muscle strained).

The walkers

I'm gonna faint, gonna faint.

Where's home?

And finally...

...we've made it! (Harus ada cahaya gambaran kejayaan!)

Celebrated World Diabetes Day with Milo Tuang.


No comments: