Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Jangan Adek Angan-Angan

“Jangan-janganlah adik angan-angan
merayau ke alam impian
duduk termenung kesepian
tiada teman.”

I was hardly thinking of the attire I should wear to grace with my presence at the Theater P. Ramlee The Musical. I should dress up as close as Saloma since Bapak is going to be my Remy that night. I have been dreaming of being his very own Sally.

“Tujuh gunung lautan-lautan
sembilan lautan ala intan
umpan ku tabur dah makan
ikan dah makan.”

Bapak thought I have been possessed by Saloma’s ghost. He never knew how much I want to menghayati the character of Sally. I really want to have that butt, BUT (a big BUT there, not BUTT) I can’t have that in three days times. I was smitten really.

“Bagai-bagailah mana indah syurga
bertaman bunga aneka rupa
kalau si bunga tak dijaga
terkulai juga.”

So I tried out my old outfits and match with my old heely heels. Bapak just gave me that frolic smirk that I can’t bear, really. And I was certain that he was thinking that I can’t fit into my old kebayas and kurungs. I gave him the look that says, “Okay, we’ll see.” And urghhhh!!!!!!! I just can’t believe that I fit no more! Euww…scary.

“Dari hari purnama-purnama
sehingga purnama ala nyawa
bunga menanti pawana
dihembus pawana.”

Then I realized that I have you in my belly! Oh thank God, I thought it was something else. Hehe, see, I told you, I was really smitten! Keep on growing my dear baby because now I really am Bapak’s very own Sally.

Jangan-janganlah adek angan-angan

Merayau ke alam impian

Duduk termenung kesepian

Tiada teman

Tujuh gunung lautan-lautan
Sembilan lautan ala intan

Umpan ku tabur dah makan

Err, should I go Aloha!?

Or should I go I love America? (Filem kita, orang kita?)

'Jangan Adek Angan-Angan' was voted 'Lagu Sukaramai' / 'Favorite Song' by readers of 'Gelanggang Magazine' in 1960. P Ramlee recorded the original song with Rahmah Rahmat for 'Musang Berjanggut' (1959). He also remakes the song with Saloma for the album. Sharifah Aini and M Sani recorded a cover of 'Jangan Adek Angan Angan' in 1970s. Thanks to http://www.p-ramlee.com/p-ramlee/music.htm.

No comments: