Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Shop Till You Drop (Part II)

Bapak and I had our second baby shopping on June 1, 2008 at my favorite Swedish furniture store, Ikea - the giant store that has all the things you don't need under one roof. This time it was a planned shopping and we were adrenaline fueled. And Mummy seemed more excited than Bapak in Part II. But he was still searching you the best stroller in town. Let him get the headache of getting you the stroller. I always wanted to get you cute little stuff.

We checked out from Grand Seasons Hotel at 12pm after having a long romantic foamy bath tub freshen up. Whoopsie, I should have kept that part for myself. And we went straight to Ikea. I have listed the things that I want to get you which are the baskets to put your clothes and an extra storage to keep your medication (err, something was wrong here? I have never shopped according to the list… so far). That were the only things I want to get you at the Ikea. I didn’t know what Bapak had on his mind, but I knew mine.

The first thing we grabbed at the Ikea were the big yellow bags. And there started our shopping madness. And we started to talk in Swedish.

Bapak: Good dag, Mummy.
Mummy: Good dag, Bapak.
Bapak: Hur mår du?
Mummy: Tack, jag mår bra.
Bapak: Let’s start the shopping!
Mummy: Begheh! (Err, sounds more buduish than Swedish)

And you know what dear baby? We went straight to baby’s department. (Liar! Mummy grabbed so many things in between). We walked separately most of the time since Bapak and I had our own ego when it comes to grabbing things. But we united back when it comes to your bed. Mummy was so head over heels with this white baby bed. It isn’t a cot but a bed which is soooooo awe-inspiring. I imagined you on the bed and Mummy decorate it with lots of soft toys and … there went the dream. Then Bapak pulled me back to reality when he said you are too small for the bed. Hjälp! Mummy was so in love with that baby bed! After a long discussion, we agreed to get you the baby mattress and the animal theme quilt.

Mummy’s broken heart was cured when I found you the beautiful basket! Without arguing, Bapak helped Mummy to take the basket from the shelf. Yay! I can cross the first thing in the list. And the shopping went crazier when we changed the yellow bag to a big trolley. Mummy even forget to ask Bapak my favorite line “Var är toaletten?”

I think I better stop here since the photos will tell everything. I didn’t snap every stuff that we bought since Bapak told me some things are better left unsnapped.



In the list

Still in the list

Lionte and elephante (out of list..but who cares?)

Wee!!! You can tuck your little feet into the pillow!

Elephante blanket

More blankets

Red quilt and tumbler

Blue basin and seat

Mummy sure snap lots of your photos
Size S colorful hangers!!!

Red mug for Bapak

10 comments:

nadia farhan said...

mummy,nekma bagtau hang xyah beli bakul yg "still in the list" tu,nekma jumpe lg cantek kt kb.okai?-anya

Shahida Shalahim said...

i beli doh..bakol besar tu rm120.i dont care..eventho nekma care.

nadia farhan said...

nekma tnya pitih lebey byk sgt ke?nekma jumpe lg cantek..k la,tanak masok campor da..take care mummy!

Shahida Shalahim said...

oyak ko nekma, i bkn jenis yg nak kumpul tanah n hartanah n rumah beshar, i cuma nk hidup bahagia..nnt nekma bg hartanah kat kita jgk kan?hehe.

nadia farhan said...

yg harta tu of cos la..n the gelang emas also..tp hang kna la bejimat skit..<----ni kata nekma lg

nadia farhan said...

ooppss..btw,brp harga bantal yg masok kaki tu?agak cantek la..wee..!!!

Shahida Shalahim said...

i lupa la harga bantal masuk kaki tu..u nk ke?tp kaki u pjg sgt..oh btw, oyak ko nekma, leave me alone!

nadia farhan said...

i nk la..xdpr masok kaki,masok tgn pun oke..wee..!! nekma agak murong 2 3 hr ni..tatau kenapa.nnt i nk bwk dia pi spa la..

Shahida Shalahim said...

batik nekma tok laku ke?

nadia farhan said...

tataula..sbb cici mati kot..