Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our Adventure

We’ve never been through this before, and it is definitely a challenge. Figuring out sleeping patterns, allergies, food preferences. I even did not eat or come close to budu my favorite sauce, afraid that our baby might have stomach ache. You would think that these little things would come with a “How To” Manual, but instead we are left on our own to figure it all out. You always ask me to give our baby my best milk, although she just wants a hug. We make mistakes, we keep trying. It’s what parenting is all about. But another thing that I adore you is that you are so confident, and I hope I have that confidence too. Yeah, I know it grows within time. You are comfortable holding Iris and rocking her to sleep. You are more than willing to give her a bottle or change her diaper. I so appreciate the father you are to Iris. We are all blessed. You make us laugh, you keep us calm, and you relax us. I think you are an amazing father and there isn’t another person that I would want on this adventure called “Parenting.” I just want you.

I just want you. Yes, you.

No comments: