Monday, October 27, 2008

Your First Hari Raya

This year’s Hari Raya was the best Hari Raya to all of us. Having you has made everybody’s Hari Raya was merrier than before. We celebrated at Tok Ba and Nek Ma’s house since I was still in confinement. Like the previous Hari Raya, all of my aunties and uncles from Paka and KL and Kok Lanas gathered at your grandparent’s home sweet home.

Never did I fail to have myself a new pair of baju raya. But this year, with a big change of my vital stats, I only wore last year’s baju raya. Thank God I still can wear that brown baju kurung Pahang. But then I avenged by making you your first baju raya. Okay let me be true, Nek Sue sewed you that beautiful dress, but hey, I did paste the flowers, okay. I even matched it with an adorable head wreath. I really had a little fun with your outfit project. You still look absolutely adorable despite the wreath. And here is the story of your first Hari Raya.

So cantik!

The day started with the morning breakfast from my naturally sterilized milk. Then you have your bath given by Nek Ma and Anya and I tried to dress you up with your gorgeous Hari Raya off white gown, but you refused. Seriously I didn’t have any Plan B because I didn’t buy you any girl’s Hari Raya’s dress, so you ended up wearing that boyish Timberland’s outfit. Poor Iris. But Anya and I still tried so hard to make you look like our Iris to our very irises, so then we put on the head wreath on your little head. And as you can see in this picture you couldn’t wait to get it off your bald, little head!

Put it off my head!!!
Everybody’s favorite activity on Hari Raya is definitely the photography session. But to my disappointment, Bapak wasn’t in this year’s Hari Raya photos since he was scheduled on-call on Hari Raya’s eve and arrived at Tok Ba and Nek Ma’s house at lunch hour, so we can still have photo together. So here are the 2008 Hari Raya’s photos.


Happy Raya!

Am I beautiful?

Bapak, Mummy and Iris

Family!

I am proud to say that this year’s Hari Raya is unquestionably everybody’s favorite since they have a new face in their photos, and it is definitely you!

No comments: