Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Read aloud: 101 Akhlak Rasulullah


Please, get this book. The author, Rohayati Bakri, did a very good job by writing the akhlaq of our beloved Prophet, Muhammad SAW. She writes in a simple way provided with authentic hadiths. For example, she writes about one of the Prophet's akhlak which is 'Beriman kepada Allah' or 'Have Faith in Allah'. She then includes the good stories from Muhammad's life for us to connect to 'Beriman kepada Allah'. I quoted her on page 5,

"Nabi Muhammad mengajar Abdullah bin Umar supaya tidak meminta pertolongan dan tidak meminta sesuatu daripada sesiapa pun selain daripada Allah. Waktu itu Abdullah bin Umar baru berumur 7 tahun. Nabi Muhammad mendidiknya supaya beriman kepada Allah dan percaya bahawa yang berkuasa hanya Allah sahaja."

I mean seriously, Abdullah was just 7 and Muhammad told him to have faith in Allah? Okay, I need to admit, I have always say "Don't worry, Mummy ada" or Bapak says "Takpe, Bapak ada" whenever they are afraid of something or simply because they need comfort. What if I wasn't around? What if Bapak wasn't there to comfort? Obviously I need to teach them "Allah ada. Allah pasti tolong kita", and I must start now!

Okay back to the book, well, get into the car and drive to the bookstore and grab the book! :)

No comments: