Monday, March 11, 2013

Read aloud: The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore


I read this book to my girls last night.  The power of this book made me cry, well, literally.  If you are a book lover, this book is for you.  The story is about a life of Mr Morris Lessmore who is passionate about words, stories and books.  It is indeed a deep thought book.  It is inexpressible,  argh!, now I become personal.  But in order to get my girls to get to the story, I expressed it in my own simple way.  Mr Morris loves books, he loves to share the stories and his books with others.  He will be a doctor to check for any physical torn or wear on the books.  Then he becomes stooped and crinkly, but the books never changed.  Their stories stayed the same.  And this got me.  At the end of everything, we will be old and stooped, but our favorites books or stories would never changed.  And I cried. Apart of my emotional thoughts, I tried to convey simple messages to my girls.  I told them we need to love books, we have to read books because they are so many interesting stories there are in books, we have to share the stories with everyone, and we need to take a very good care of our books and all the books in the world.  They seemed touched by the story as well.   (Thank you BidBagWolf for another great book.  It was worth every minute I spent digging and scrutinizing for the good books on that book fair).

  Later that night, Iris arranged her books like one illustrated in the storybook.

 As always, we ended up reading a book by watching the animated version.

Note: This book won 2011 Academy Award for short film.  

No comments: