Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's our 3rd year! Yay!

Good old memories, and more good years to come! (Photo credit to Anya, you did good work Anya!)

2nd June hits the calendar again. And it is Mummy and Bapak’s third year of heavenly marriage. This is the simplest celebration ever as far as I remembered. I just bought one slice of Bapak’s favorite Chocolate Indulgence and I put three pink candles on top of that melted cake (if it’s still a cake). We exchanged anniversary cards and beautiful gifts. Firdausku Sorang, thanks for the books: The Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Suns and Three Cups of Tea (and I’m terribly sorry for opening that presents a week earlier, I cannot resist myself from sneaking a quick look on that red Borders wrappers. I just knew it will be books. Worst, I finished reading those books before our anniversary.) Who can resist Khaled Hosseini’s touching stories and that humanitarian work by Gred Mortenson? Who?

I knew if you don’t have that USM student card glued to your shirt, we are going to celebrate our third anniversary somewhere with nice pillows and toilet with bath tubs and free shampoo and soap. But it is destined that you ARE now a student. It’s okay, we will celebrate it the next four years somewhere with nice pillows and toilet with bath tubs and free shampoo and soap. God wills. And hey, do you love that shirt and pants and that book? Hopefully you like it. We are running out of time, we just don’t have time wandering around malls to find out something nicer (but seriously, I loveeee the books) because we’d rather spending it in our own ways before facing this temporary parting (parting?). Oh how I wish we have more times…

Firdaus jan (Pashto for dear), thanks for being my good partner, my roommate (ah, after next four years), my ear, my eyes, my cook, my Obimin, my rabbit, my bank (uh, thank God you are man with words and money), my book, my blanket, my car, my blood, my pray, my love, my belahan jiwa, my everything! You are such a treasure. May Allah grant us with more happy years!

Happy 3rd anniversary Abang.

Love always,
She.
P/S: Thank you Mama for our anniversary lunch treat!

5 comments:

Kaklong Nuzula said...

Wah, dah 3rd anniversary ker?! Tahniah. Semoga kekal bahagia hingga ke hujung nyawa...

nodoya shalala said...

happy anniversary both of you!
percintaan anda xubah seperti bunga tanjung tersepit indah di telinga ku (xde kena mengena langsung!).

Shahida Shalahim said...

kak long-yes, 3rd anniey.tq kak long, sama2lah kita doa marriage kita akan happily ever after dan dirahmati Allah.

anya-yes, sangat indah dan harapnya indah sampai bila2!i saye gilo ko abe fir anya!u know how much i adore him,kan.

MiJa said...

saye gilo! ^^

Shahida Shalahim said...

mija,yes,i saye gilo gilo gilo gilo gilo gilo ko firdausku sorang!