Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Anxiously Waiting

We have been waiting anxiously for you for almost a year and a half. I have been married to your Bapak on June 2nd, 2006. Since that day, we have keep on waiting for you each and every day. But honestly I don’t expect you to come to my belly so soon that I can’t spend the precious hours with Bapak. But my baby darling, you come to our lives just as nice as it is. It was an unexpected event, but it is definitely not an accidental pregnancy.

It happened on the night of January 18th, 2008 when I was all alone in our rented house at Taman Gudang Rasau. Your Bapak was scheduled on-call that day. So as always, I went to bed quite early since there was nothing I can do without Bapak. He is my day and night. He would be yours too, soon. But before he went to the hospital that night, he took my urine to have a pregnancy test since my regular menstrual wasn’t really regular that week. But I don’t expect anything since I always late for my menstrual.

It was 1 am in the morning. I was already having my pre-sleep when Bapak called me. He sounded happier than his usual ‘on-calls’ nights. “Obom, Obom pregnant!” he shouted as if I am deaf. “Huh? Jangan tipu She”, that was my response. “Iye, betul. Esok Abang bawak balik report urine test Obom”. And I was like…speechless. I was so excited that night that I made a late night call to your grandparents at Kok Lanas. Your grandparents were so exhilarated just like me! I just want to shout to the whole world that I am going to have a little innie inside of me! What a wonderful surprise!!! I thank to God and I performed Sujud Syukur.

And Bapak made another surprise when he came home at 6 am in the morning just to give me a wonderful hug I ever had. We were so excited that we can’t sleep anymore. We were hugging each other and Bapak started talking to you even though I know you are so small that even your ears still did not develop. Welcome to the womb world, baby! Err, how does it feel being inside of me?

My darling little innie, we just know that you will come to our lives just at the very perfect time! It is worth waiting. Now, we are busy preparing for our first baby arrival!

No comments: