Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Red Book


Bapak talked a lot about the red book. He mentioned about your early report would be recorded in the red book. Your grandmother also told me about the red book. My friends also talked about the red book. Everybody talked about the red book. It’s all about the red book or they addressed it as Buku Merah.

I was very impatient to get my first red book. But Bapak told me that I’m going to get my own red book once I did my first check-up. So I have to wait for another 2 weeks to get the red book since Bapak told me the doctors would not give a check for the very early pregnancy. So I have to be really patient and play with my brain how does the red book looks like. Is it so red that I can’t bear with the color?

Finally, on February 5th, 2008, yee haa, I got my own first red book!! Bapak accompanied me to get it at Hospital Tengku Ampuan Afzan. And you know what dear baby? The red book isn’t so red just like what everyone told me. It is pink in color!

I have to write down all my details on the red book (well, it was more pinkish to me now). There are many medical terms that I don’t really understand. Oh, what a poor education I have! Luckily I have my own House to translate in the language that I understood. Primid, Tetanus Toxoid, Vena Varikos, Tinggi Fundal Simpisis – well, to list some of the aliens words in the red book. Whatever it is today is the very special day since I’m having a book that will record everything about you, dear! Yes, this is your storybook! It is all about you, you, you! Yes, you!!!

Yay!!! I’m having my very first red book!

No comments: